Defacing Websites, "Stealing" Free Papers

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Thu Mar 29 12:46:31 PST 2001

>>>Because it's bad strategy. Where is it written that revolutionaries never
>>>make mistakes and don't need to learn? Do we somehow have a monopoly on
>>>perfection or something?
>>>
>>>-- Dennis [R.]
>>
>>That's what some LBO-talkers say. Why should their opinion matter
>>more than those of the Brown student activists of color?
>>Especially given that some here think that students of color who
>>object to the _Daily Herald_ taking racist dollars should just
>>"quit school" & "get a working-class job"? Why should the students
>>of color listen to you, Dennis P., etc.? I
>
>Because he is intelligent and has good judgment? Because in America
>the side that is successfully caricatured as being against "free
>speech" loses the argument? And unless the "students of color"
>listen to Dennis P., they are going to spend a lot of time running
>around kicking the ball into their own goal?
>
>Brad DeLong

By one of your standards, fundamentalists should be shrinking in the absolute number & proportion, and free-thinkers should be growing rapidly. Perhaps you are right after all, though. Maybe Gore & Co. lost because he didn't respect free speech of Nader, Greens, and their supporters, & the Democrats' lack of respect for political free speech was obvious to too many. Or perhaps Bush won on the strength of his immunity from caricatures. :-)

Yoshie