Defacing Websites, "Stealing" Free Papers

Brad DeLong delong at econ.Berkeley.EDU
Thu Mar 29 11:29:51 PST 2001

>>On Wed, 28 Mar 2001, Yoshie Furuhashi wrote:
>>
>>> Why, then, scold Brown students of color
>>> for taking & destroying *free* student papers,
>>
>>Because it's bad strategy. Where is it written that revolutionaries never
>>make mistakes and don't need to learn? Do we somehow have a monopoly on
>>perfection or something?
>>
>>-- Dennis [R.]
>
>That's what some LBO-talkers say. Why should their opinion matter
>more than those of the Brown student activists of color? Especially
>given that some here think that students of color who object to the
>_Daily Herald_ taking racist dollars should just "quit school" &
>"get a working-class job"? Why should the students of color listen
>to you, Dennis P., etc.? I

Because he is intelligent and has good judgment? Because in America the side that is successfully caricatured as being against "free speech" loses the argument? And unless the "students of color" listen to Dennis P., they are going to spend a lot of time running around kicking the ball into their own goal?

Brad DeLong