Jury Duty

Justin Schwartz jkschw at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 29 14:36:27 PST 2001

A criminal case where the defendant had no attorney? Had he insisted on representing himself?

I have been pretty impressed with the juries that have been selected in my judge's court, where educated and intelligent (not the same thing) people are not excluded, and where the jurors pretty much do a conscientious job. I can think og one exception with the jury as a whole, and then there was the male juror who tried to pick up my last year's co-clerk (a very attractive woman) . . . .

--jks