Chomsky and Free Speech

Dennis dperrin13 at mediaone.net
Fri Mar 30 14:16:00 PST 2001

www.anti-rev.org/textes/VidalNaquet81b
> Michael Pugliese

"Useful" in what sense, Michael? Vidal-Naquet makes several false allegations against Chomsky (the standard "minimizing" Khmer Rouge crimes for one), and relies as his source on whether Chomsky threatened a lawsuit against the "Biographical Companion to Modern Thought" one Geoffrey Sampson, who invented the whole thing and published it in The New Criterion. Sampson also wrote the "Biographical" entry on Chomsky, which included the KR smear that Vidal-Naquet takes seriously. Cockburn took Sampson apart over this in the Nation and revealed him for the fraud he is.

Again, Michael, "useful" how?

DP