Chomsky and Free Speech

michael pugliese debsian at pacbell.net
Fri Mar 30 13:20:51 PST 2001

Doubtless, as Justin says, the Faurrisson affair has been done to death, but,, as is my way at times, in the interests of beating a dead horse, a useful polemic on the affair by Pierre Viadal-Naquet is at www.anti-rev.org/textes/VidalNaquet81b Another, much less useful, from an ex-Trot that in the 40's had associations with a group that the young Noamster had (see the Robert Barsky volume from M.I.T. Press, "A Life in Dissent.") by Werner Cohn is at www.wermercohn,com Entitled "Partners in Hate." OOPS, the above spelling of Pierre s/b Vidal-Naquet. Most of what I know about his background, esp. during the time of the Algerian Revolution is from , "Existential Marxism in France, " by Mark Poster. The entirety of that out of print work is on Poster's website. Michael Pugliese