USA of Decay

Dennis Robert Redmond dredmond at efn.org
Fri Mar 30 14:56:08 PST 2001

On Fri, 30 Mar 2001, Bob Morris wrote:

> Given out of control police, the lights going on and off, many here feel
> like it's becoming a third world country

It already has. Living in the US these days is like H.G. Wells' time machine thrown in reverse; we've crashed right back through the 1940s, the 1930s, the 1920s, into the depths of some kind of 1890s sewage system. You've got 3% of the adult population in lockdown, a braindead, unelected monarchy which doesn't understand basic atmospheric physics, a financial system addicted to overseas capital inflows of 4% of GDP per annum, a two-party-with-half-a-brain state which makes ancient Rome look positively virtuous, a crazed military with nothing better to do than to slaughter Iraqi civilians at regular intervals, and a stock market bubble coming apart at the seams.

It's lights out for the Pax Americana, though whether anything better replaces it is, of course, the 14 trillion EUR question.

-- Dennis