RES: racist opinion a crime ?

Alexandre Fenelon afenelon at zaz.com.br
Fri Mar 30 17:55:18 PST 2001

Carrol Cox said The qualification: Under present conditions no such law is going to be passed. The political processes (the mass struggle) which would bring changed conditions about might also create a situation in which such a law would not be misused or in which such misuse itself would be encountered by massive resistance. Hence we cannot reject in principle the desirability of an anti-hate speech law. We can object I think to most 'reforms' that are, as it were, handed to us on a platter, as a result of wheeling-and-dealing within the present structure. Campaign finance reform, for example, if it comes about will almost certainly be an utter disaster for the left.

Alexandre Fenelon asked

-I´ve been reading some stuff on the finance reform affair in the WSW and -their conclusion is quite similar to yours. Why this reform is a disaster? -It´s possible to have thing even worse for US left? Furthermore: is there -a US left, except by some scarce human beings who stand above the mediocrity -of US society?)