US economy may have bottomed out

Tue May 1 10:13:46 PDT 2001

Doug Henwood wrote:

> Carl Remick wrote:
>
> >All we know for sure, as Thomas S. Eliot of Lloyd's Bank once noted,
> >is that "In a minute there is time / For decisions and revisions
> >which a minute will reverse."
>
> Or, do I, after tea & cake & ices, have the strength to force the
> moment to its crisis?
>
> Doug

But this was from a Harvard student, not a bank clerk. For the bank clerk,

After such knowledge, what forgiveness? Think now History has many cunning passages, contrived corridors And issues, deceives with whispering ambitions, Guides us by vanities. Think now She gives when our attention is distracted And what she gives, gives with such supple confusions That the giving famishes the craving. . . .

Carrol

EP's comment on this, if my memory is correct, was

How can the knower cease knowing

))))))))

CB: And what is the objective correlative ( of a bottomed out economy) ?