QueerTheory.com (fwd)

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Tue May 1 12:30:09 PDT 2001

Date: Tue, 1 May 2001 10:05:11 -0700 From: pnardi at BERNARD.PITZER.EDU

My name is Danne Polk, and I am the director of QueerTheory.com.

I'm writing to bring to your attention this new website devoted to Queer Theory, LGBT Studies, Gender Studies and all related fields:

http://www.queertheory.com

QueerTheory.com is organized around several related categories: Academics, Arts, Bodies, Cultures, Histories, Identities, Politics, Relations, Theories, etc. Already recognized by the Scout Report (from University of Wisconsin at Madison), and receiving an average of 1,865 visitors per day (55,961 in April, 2001, our forth official month of operation), we aim to make queertheory.com a valuable tool for students, teachers, and everyone interested in queer culture.

I invite you to become a part of this exciting new directory.

Currently, we are in the process of creating a new index at queertheory.com: The Scholars Index.

The Scholars Index is meant to help people promote their work in Queer Theory, Gender Studies, LGBT Studies, Women's Studies and related fields, and to help our visitors find people doing research in the topics of their interest. When you join the Scholars Index, we create a page for you (at no cost) that provides information on various aspects of your professional career: your institutional and organizational affiliations, your primary and secondary fields of study, your primary publications (books, films, recordings, etc.), your secondary publications (journal articles, conference presentations, etc.), your current projects, your biography, your contact information, and more. With the Scholars Index, you can add and update descriptions, reviews, list new articles and essays, provide links to your websites, etc. If you have published work available through the major online merc

If you are interested in joining the Scholars Index at queertheory.com, please follow this link:

http://www.queertheory.com/academics/scholars/scholars_now.htm

The Scholars Index is but one of many indices at queertheory.com.

We also have indices devoted to authors, musicians, subjects, history, and more. If you have a website devoted to diversity in any of its myriad forms, I invite you to submit your URL:

http://www.queertheory.com/scripts/add_url.htm

Lastly, it would be very much appreciated if you would direct your students, friends, and colleagues to queertheory.com, and if you have a website of interest to the various LGBTQ Communities, it would help tremendously if you would provide a link to our site (http://www.queertheory.com). We also have a search box available at:

http://www.queertheory.com/add_search.htm

Danne Polk

dpolk at queertheory.com

http://www.queertheory.com