quote of the day

Kelley Walker kelley at interpactinc.com
Fri May 4 05:41:10 PDT 2001

At 04:53 PM 4/26/01 -0700, Ian Murray wrote:
>Subject: quote of the day
>

> > In order to prevent co-operative societies from degenerating into
> > ordinary...joint stock companies, all workmen employed, whether
> > shareholders or not, ought to share alike. As a mere temporary expedient,
> > we are willing to allow shareholders a low rate of interest.
> >

> > ---
> > heh heh heh
> > who wrote it?

> kelley

Ian replied:

>INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE DELEGATES OF THE PROVISIONAL GENERAL COUNCIL.
> THE DIFFERENT QUESTIONS
>by KARL MARX
><...>
>http://www.marxists.org/archive/marx/works/1864iwma/1866-e.htm#05

*ding**ding**ding*

Ian gets the All-in-one Lingerie Washer and Dryer!

The "international credit" section (initiative to be left to the French), was hilarious too!

that damn Marx, sounds like a U.S. libertarian about gunz an' all too:

10. ARMIES [French and German subtitle reads: "Standing armies; their relation to production."]

(a) The deleterious influence of large standing armies upon production, has been sufficiently exposed at middle-class congresses of all denominations, at peace congresses, economical congresses, statistical congresses, philanthropical congresses, sociological congresses. We think it, therefore, quite superfluous to expatiate upon this point.

(b) We propose the general armament of the people and their general instruction in the use of arms.

(c) We accept as a transitory necessity small standing armies to form schools for the officers of the militia; every male citizen to serve for a very limited time in those armies.