$3 a gallon gas?

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Fri May 4 08:08:15 PDT 2001

Steve Grube wrote:

<<< This can be side-stepped completely by doing an electric car conversion. There are tried and true kits for putting a DC brushed motor into a Civic or a Rabbit along with 20 batteries. >>>

You can't be serious. The world is for those who have the time, knowledge, and skill to monkey around with "kits"!

<<< You get a solid 80 mile range and speeds to 65+. This is a solution that is very doable and solves a large percentage of the daily auto trips. I'll be doing one myself once my photovoltaic cell project is complete... >>>

I myself have not the technical knowledge to comment on this, but many who _do_ have the technical knowledge have argued that for society as a whole photovoltaic power is an entergy sink, not an energy saver. Perhaps someone on the list with such knowledge could comment.

Carrol