MSOFT versus Open Source movement

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Fri May 4 08:44:29 PDT 2001

Kendall Clark wrote:

> michael> If I could have something that could work some of my
> michael> programs under Linux, I would love to do so.
>
> Others mentioned some good ideas; I would say that if it's a matter of
> running one or two MS programs, perhaps required in your workplace

As of a week ago I would have made the same point Michael makes -- that I would run linux if it ran all the programs I use with equal or greater simplicity (by which I mean catering to my laziness) of Win98 programs I run. After reading Kendall's attacks on the workers of the world I would now continue to use Microsoft as a gesture of solidarity with all the people who don't have time for Kendall's moral one-upmanship.

Carrol