MSOFT versus Open Source movement

Kendall Clark kendall at monkeyfist.com
Fri May 4 09:16:26 PDT 2001

>>>>> "carrol" == Carrol Cox <cbcox at ilstu.edu> writes:

carrol> As of a week ago I would have made the same point Michael

carrol> makes -- that I would run linux if it ran all the programs I

carrol> use with equal or greater simplicity (by which I mean

carrol> catering to my laziness) of Win98 programs I run. After

carrol> reading Kendall's attacks on the workers of the world I

carrol> would now continue to use Microsoft as a gesture of

carrol> solidarity with all the people who don't have time for

carrol> Kendall's moral one-upmanship.

Which would put you in solidarity with all those Washington state prisoners that do almost all of Microsoft's non-"knowledge-worker" labor like packaging their software products, right?

It's further hard to see how I was attacking (irrespective of my intent or what I actually *said*) the "workers of the world" -- so grandiose a charge! -- when the overwhelming majority of them not only do not *own* a computer but have never seen one.

Best, Kendall Clark