MSOFT versus Open Source movement

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Sat May 5 12:12:44 PDT 2001

W. Kiernan wrote:

>Yeah but Christ the latest MS stuff (I speak of the Win95/98/ME series,
>not NT/2000, which is actually pretty decent to use) absolutely,
>recklessly sucks, sucks sucks sucks, sucks worse and worse with each new
>iteration, and MS themselves openly admits that their next generation,
>XP, by their deliberate intent is gonna suck worse than any previous
>operating system ever sucked ever!

I don't know from Windows, but their Mac stuff is just fine. I haven't yet installed the latest Office, which is sitting over on the shelf in its odd clamshell package, but Word and Excel work very well, and so does Explorer. There are some annoying things here & there, but they certainly don't suck suck suck. Is it just the OS's you hate?

Doug