MSOFT versus Open Source movement

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Fri May 4 19:30:46 PDT 2001

"W. Kiernan" wrote:

> Why should you put up with new stuff which is lousier than the old stuff
> it supplanted?

Actually, I liked the old CP/M better than windows -- I was not really making any comment on technology, I was just reacting to the one thing that sets me off most -- various kinds of individualist moralism.

And I wasn't really being flippant when I suggested Kendall's kind of moralism could only be imposed by firing squads. How many people have died or had their lives destroyed by the war on drugs? I really don't see the difference between Kendall and Bennett or the columnist Cal Thompson. It's creepy.

Carrol