Bookchin v. "lifesyle anarchism"

Chuck0 chuck at tao.ca
Sun May 6 14:13:23 PDT 2001

Gordon Fitch wrote:

> Is Bookchin is associated with any praxis whatever? Does anyone
> know? I know he talks a good fight, but I haven't heard that
> he has involved himself in, say, union organizing or local
> electoral politics, which his theories seem to call for.

He's a very old man at this point, but he was an activist back in the 60s and 70s. His big suggestion is that more attention be paid to New England style town meetings.

His books have always been short on praxis.

<< Chuck0 >>

Infoshop.org -> http://www.infoshop.org/ Alternative Press Review -> http://www.altpr.org/ Practical Anarchy Online -> http://www.practicalanarchy.org/ Homepage -> http://flag.blackened.net/chuck0/home/

INTERNATIONALISM IN PRACTICE

An American soldier in a hospital explained how he was wounded: He said, "I was told that the way to tell a hostile Vietnamese from a friendly Vietnamese was to shout ‘To hell with Ho Chi Minh!’ If he shoots, he’s unfriendly. So I saw this dude and yelled ‘To hell with Ho Chi Minh!’ and he yelled back, ‘To hell with President Johnson!’ We were shaking hands when a truck hit us."

(from 1,001 Ways to Beat the Draft, by Tuli Kupferburg).