Fwd: STUDENTS TO LEAVE MASS HALL

Gregory Geboski ggeboski at hotmail.com
Tue May 8 08:24:41 PDT 2001

Sit-in students are declaring victory at Harvard; details won't be out until 3:00.

----Original Message Follows---- From: Harvard Living Wage Campaign <pslm at hcs.harvard.edu> To: (Recipient list suppressed) Subject: STUDENTS TO LEAVE MASS HALL Date: Tue, 08 May 2001 09:46:06 -0400

5/8 EXTREMELY EXCITING HARVARD LIVING WAGE SIT-IN UPDATE DAY 21 www.livingwagenow.com

RALLY AT 3PM TODAY!

Barring unforeseen circumstances, protesters hope to be leaving Mass Hall at 3:00pm today in solidarity with students, faculty, alumni, community members and workers - ready to celebrate our victories and continue the campaign!

The details are currently being worked out with substantive gains for workers, a fair committee process (including workers, students, administrators, and faculty members!) for addressing the issue, and unparalleled student, faculty, labor, & community support.

Come hear the specifics at 3pm in front of Mass Hall! An e-mail will also be disseminated with our statement soon after that point.

**YESTERDAY** And we couldn't have done anything without support like:

* Alumni in New York, who leafleted, picketed, and banner-dropped the McKinsey office of Corporation member Ronald Daniel. * The National Union of Students in Australia, representing 700,000 students, who endorsed us yesterday. * Activists who picketed in front of the Harvard Club of Boston last evening. * Continuing media coverage, from stations like CNBC, MSNBC, and Haitian radio in New York City.

It is essential that the same level of support remains with us throughout the next steps. We look forward to working with all of you in the future!

Thank you for all of your support!

The Harvard Living Wage Campaign www.livingwagenow.com