Missing in Action

Gordon Fitch gcf at panix.com
Thu May 10 07:00:20 PDT 2001

Yoshie Furuhashi:
> The POW/MIA propaganda that the U.S. government & corporate media
> have promulgated is ideologically similar to the propaganda put out
> by their Japanese counterparts that North Korea abducted Japanese
> individuals -- especially young girls -- for espionage & other
> purposes. ...

As I pointed out quite awhile back, the POW/MIA thing -- I don't know what, exactly, to call it -- was available for political exploitation by almost anybody. As we know, certain parties on the Right exploited it; I said that. I don't see the point of continuing to mention this, or to discuss it in general, because it's clear that in attempting to deal with it in other than the prescribed manner I'm speaking the unspeakable -- people can't handle it. If there's nothing new to say -- the fact that one kind of propaganda is similar to another is hardly new -- we might as well set it aside.