doctor disease

Marta Russell ap888 at lafn.org
Fri May 11 14:44:12 PDT 2001

Wojtek Sokolowski wrote:

> I alos do not quite follow your argument abut the relationship between my
> health and view of doctors. Being in good health means no need for
> doctors, and that would stipulate disparagiing opinions of them, no?

Joanna clearly meant that when you have more experience with the profession out of a personal medical issue you may learn the pitfalls of believing that doctors are mostly competent and enlarge your view on the topic.

When it takes going to three or four doctors to find one who can diagnose a blood clot in the leg when the leg is turning blue as happened to a good friend of mine (and caused him hospitalization cause of their ineptitude and failure to catch it when it started), ain't it obvious? This friend of mine won an Oscar years back and he and his partner were horrified at what they were put through. They went from believers in the medical profession to a better to know more than the docs do position just to survive the medical practioners.

Marta