"Violence" as a Useless Category, was Re: Just Wars

Ian Murray seamus2001 at home.com
Mon May 14 07:15:32 PDT 2001

> A "neo-Epicurean ecology" sounds vaguely benign (though I don't know
> what it actually means), but "administrative competences" &
"conflict
> resolution forums" (especially when they come together in the age of
> multinational neo-colonialism, reminding me of East Timor for
> instance) sound unfortunately technocratic (though again I don't
have
> a clue what concrete forms you think such ideas should take).
>
> Yoshie
============= Heaven forbid one should have vaguely benign sentiments on a Saturday evening :-)! Would not the society we seek prefer competence to power as one of many organizing principles of civic administration including in the realm of conflict resolution? Or is there no bureaucracy in the future?

Ian