identifying with the enemy

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Thu May 17 14:48:52 PDT 2001

/ dave / wrote:

>Someday everyone, including me, will have a super-high-speed connection and
>we'll be able to exchange such things routinely via Napster. Or not.

Right. I've been trying to nab the video of Peter Gabriel's "Shock the Monkey" - which I remember from the early MTV era as being very good - for days via Gnutella. "Server busy" and "Disconnected" have plagued me at every turn. It's almost done d/l'ing the in the background now, though I'm expecting the worst before it's over. It's almost enough to make you want to pay for the stuff.

Doug