Prescription For Fascism: Alternative Medicine and Right-WingPolitics

Gordon Fitch gcf at panix.com
Sun May 20 06:25:02 PDT 2001

Michael Pugliese:
> P.S. To Gordon Fitch, I'm looking for on the website of The Spotlight, the
> far right paper, for one of their quartrly supplements on health and diet.
> They always have ads for these colloidal silver generators.

Maybe they're too paranoid to have a web site.

Back in the 1950s, to my recollection, almost all health- food-nuttery, if you want to call it that, was right-wing, to put in mildly. When I first became interested in the subject, most liberals and, I suppose, leftists had complete faith in Science-with-a-capital-S, the government and America's corporate leadership in such matters. (Hence the dietary advocacy provided by public schools represented the four largest agricultural/food-processing lobbies.)

In the 1970s I used to buy raw honey from an old guy who thought Goldwater and Reagan were commie sell-outs. Alas, he too has long since sold out and gone away, or I'd ask him about The Spotlight.