Treas Sec O'Neil: Abolish Corporate Tax, Social Security & Medicare,

Michael Pollak mpollak at panix.com
Mon May 21 03:55:47 PDT 2001

> O'Neill lays out radical vision
> Source: The Financial Times
> Published: May 18 2001 19:18:25 Author: Amity Shlaes

Has Calamity Shlaes done any actual reporting in the last year besides this? I think this is the first time I've ever seen her byline on an article, as opposed to her lunatic right wing column that seems like it would be more at home in the WSJ. I wonder if O'Neill stuck his foot in his mouth by thinking he could speak honestly about his long-term right wing dreams in front of a friendly audience -- thinking they would appear in a deniable backpage column to chuff friends and be ignored by enemies, or at most regarded by them as an overreaching trial balloon. And then the FT editors saw what they had and put it on the front page.

Michael