Ideology and "Psychology", was Re: identifying with the enemy

Michael Pugliese debsian at pacbell.net
Mon May 21 17:20:56 PDT 2001

Carrol>(Some big shot in Washington claimed that we had to remember that death simply wasn't the same to "asians-in-general" as it was to "us."

In "Heart and Minds, " the documentary film that got the Oscar for Best Documentary in '75 or '76. In an interview with General Westmoreland (Waste More Land) he remarks that, "Asians don't feel death and pain like we do." Cut-away to a Vietnamese mother crying in grief and attempting to climb into the coffin of her dead son.

Bert Schneider, the director made a statement in the name of the SRV that either John Wayne or Bob Hope responded to later that night. Michael Pugliese, apologies if the previous on Bo Gritz was sent three times!