Christianity and S/M

Guerino Calemine gjcalemine at hotmail.com
Tue May 22 15:00:04 PDT 2001

Someone please explain this alleged "sado-masochistic character structure" of Christianity. (Or as CB might put it, the Christian nature of sadomasochism.) I'm highly skeptical of this notion (suspect it comes from a perversion/stereotype of Christianity - or Christendom - and not based on "actual" Christianity, especially as enunciated by St. Paul), but I'm willing to hear you out. So go ahead.