Christianity and S/M

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Tue May 22 16:01:07 PDT 2001

Carrol Cox wrote:

>There are either as many character structures has there have been, are,
>and will be human individuals _or_ EVERY group has sufficient numbers of
>every conceivable character type to make the equation silly.

How can we even talk about capitalism as a system? There are so many different national and regional structures, so much variation over time, so many different industries and sectors, so many different roles and actors, so many motives aside from profit - it really makes no sense. Totalizing and therefore false, since it blurs all these particulars, all this variety. Silly, really.

Doug