Childhood

kelley kelley at interpactinc.com
Fri May 25 12:23:06 PDT 2001

i remember being quite impressed with Urie Bronfenbrenner's _Two Worlds of Childhood_. although, as I recall, it uncritically valorized the USSR's approaches to childhood and education in its attempt to criticize the hell out of the U.S. Can't recall exactly why I read that. I guess it was some psych course. It inspired me to write a paper in a soc of ed class later, tho: Asylums for the Preservation of Youth! (which was a quote from someone who happily used the term to refer to the newly emerging public schools)

kelley