does Andrew Sullivan bareback?

Nathan Newman nathan at newman.org
Mon May 28 17:17:53 PDT 2001

----- Original Message ----- From: "Christian Gregory" <christian11 at mindspring.com>
>I hope that Sullivan gets savaged--not for his sexuality, but for his
>hypocrisy.

Not to defend Sullivan and it may be at odds with his moralistic writing, but he already has AIDS and if he was looking for others with AIDS as well for bareback sex (not clear in the article), I'm not sure what the outrage is all about? Safe sex makes sense mostly before contacting the disease, not after the barn door has been left open, figuratively speaking.

Sullivan may be hit for advocating monogamy while still being a playboy, but I'm not sure the barebacking angle adds much.

-- Nathan Newman