patriarchy redux?

Dennis Breslin dbreslin at ctol.net
Wed May 30 05:43:37 PDT 2001

The lit suggest its a correlation with income as well as age at marriage. Low incomes plus young age at marriage generally spell higher divorce rates. It just so happens that they're located in states with larger numbers of christian fundamentalists. Fundamentalists may also have higher divorce rates but that may be complicated by a greater tendency to be populated by converts and consequently something else is at work as they transit the life course.

DB