patriarchy redux?

Christopher Rhoades Dÿkema crdbronx at erols.com
Wed May 30 06:55:05 PDT 2001

To be fair to the fundamentalists, Nathan's comments are probably apt. On the other hand, there are at least two counter-observations. One is that this experience gives the lie to the facile right-wing view that marriage is a positive panacea for many social ills. The other is that it vitiates any argument that puts Christian faith forward as the key to domestic felicity.

Christopher Rhoades Dÿkema