academe

Peter Kosenko kosenko at netwood.net
Thu May 31 12:54:45 PDT 2001

Wotjek:

I'm not going to cut you any slack on the Ritalin thing, but this is a good response to the R&D issue. Capitalists hover in the wings waiting to find an "opportunity" in the inventions that others (often academics, sometimes their own researchers -- either underfunded or supported by industry-government consortia?) come up with. It is certainly how Bill Gates has proceeded.

Peter

---------- Original Message ---------------------------------- From: Wojtek Sokolowski <sokol at jhu.edu> Reply-To: lbo-talk at lists.panix.com Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 15:31:42 -0400