"Happy Memorial Day, Mr. Kissinger"

Gordon Fitch gcf at panix.com
Thu May 31 17:25:52 PDT 2001

Gordon wrote:
> > >, a pervasive sense
> > >of general dishonor and disgrace with which even the opponents
> > >and critics of the war were tainted.

Carrol Cox:
> This is nonsense. Do you expect people in struggle to emulate St.
> Francis -- who I have always found offensive anyhow. Or perhaps
> Tennyson's Sir Galahad.
>
> This is politics for nursery school tales.

I don't see the relevance of either Galahad or St. Francis, but I may be less familiar with them than you. Would you care to elucidate? I felt polluted by the war, just as I felt polluted by the bombing of Iraq. My taxes paid for both. Whatever I and people like me did to stop the perpetrators was inadequate. If you got off free, congratulations. How did you do it?