Radio France confirms Laden / CIA meeting]

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Thu Nov 1 22:52:41 PST 2001

Thomas Seay wrote:

> Kelley, I have not been prone to believe any of the
> "conspiracy theories" but I have been busy following
> them and, dropping work in the middle of the
> afternoon, in order to translate them.

What does this report have to do with any conspiracy theory? It simply notes that the CIA is engaged in business as usual (which of course always, for the CIA, includes a large dollop of mere incompetence). The fact that a CIA agent met with Bin Laden in July has no other significance than that a CIA agent met with Bin Laden in July. What in the world kind of fantasy is being built around that fairly trivial fact?

Carrol