Air Support to Ground Troops Re: Arguments for ground war

Greg Schofield g_schofield at dingoblue.net.au
Fri Nov 2 07:36:24 PST 2001

Got it in one - that's exactly what I have been doing ; )

Greg Schofield Perth Australia

--- Message Received --- From: Yoshie Furuhashi <furuhashi.1 at osu.edu> To: lbo-talk at lists.panix.com Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2001 08:31:21 -0500 Subject: Re: Air Support to Ground Troops Re: Arguments for ground war

Greg:

>Raising the need for a ground war is not really all that different
>from a the political demand made during the Second World War in
>Europe ("Second Front NOW!"). No general's plan, but an
>achnowledgement that the USSR was being diced up and the Western
>Allaince needed to give some tangible aid.

For your analogy to work, you should be advocating opening the "second front" on the USA, not on Afghanistan. -- Yoshie

* Calendar of Anti-War Events in Columbus: <http://www.osu.edu/students/sif/calendar.html> * Anti-War Activist Resources: <http://www.osu.edu/students/sif/activist.html> * Anti-War Organizing in Columbus Covered by the Media: <http://www.osu.edu/students/sif/media.html>