Air Support to Ground Troops Re: Arguments for ground war

Hakki Alacakaptan nucleus at superonline.com
Fri Nov 2 09:09:32 PST 2001

Absolutely and I said as much in my reply to Ian: ---------------------- Amen to that.

Saving the Afghans from starvation is going to be the big issue in a few weeks when emaciated babies show up on Al Jazeera. The Paki border isn't really closed, arms & goods go in at night, but food aid is another matter. The rains have started and next month at the latest there won't be any roads left for aid trucks. ----------------------

I also posted an Economist story that painted a rather rosy picture for food aid. I wonder if someone can check that?

Hakki Alacakaptan