Brad weighs in

Chuck0 chuck at tao.ca
Sat Nov 3 09:27:33 PST 2001

"Peter K." wrote:

> I bet Aaron Page was not interested in dialogue in the slightest. I've met
> a number of New Republic partisans over the years and one thing they have
> in common - besides immense ambition - is an overriding hatred of
> the "looney left." (The Nader campaign probably drove a number them
> over the ledge.) So if they hate us for what we stand for (just as ObL
> hates the United States) I see no reason to turn the other cheek.

Is Page the asshole that wrote that article in September dissing the anti-globalization movement? What is the political orientation of TNR exactly? Given the stuff they push on Plastic.com, I've concluded that they are buddies with David Horowitz or something.

BTW, one of the unreported things about the anti-war movement is that among the (mostly young) anti-capitalists, there has been a clear rejection of words like "peace" and "nonviolence." In my talks with anti-capitalists and from what I'm reading on lists, there is alot of talk these days about "no war but the class war."

I get the sense that as this develops, it won't look anything like the good ole "peace" movement.

So let the right wing and the neoliberals continue their fixation on college campus activism. As usual, they are yelling at a little dog when a bigger one is about the bite them on the ass.

Chuck0