Green Party official busted at gunpoint

Ian Murray seamus2001 at home.com
Sat Nov 3 12:15:50 PST 2001

----- Original Message ----- From: "Kelley" <kwalker2 at gte.net> Oden was branded because of her antiwar
> activism. this sucks. but it also sucks that the friggin' forwards
that
> were sent here didn't exactly get the story right. i am so fucking
sick and
> tired of having people like Declan McCullagh look into it, only to
find
> that the left couldn't just present that case--it was bad enough on
its own
> merits--without twisting it to make it sound like the Feds had set
out to
> consciously prevent her from flying. They set out to make her
miserable,
> she resisted civilly (as she should. yay! for her), they intimidated
her in
> response. <That's the way it works and that's what ought to be
highlighted,
> not some gestures at conspiracy.

========= I sympathize with your anger. I only forwarded the post in the hopes someone who might know her indirectly could verify the story asap. The Greens should have been much more careful in the wording of their broadcast but anger makes people disoriented. I would've called her myself but was headin' out the door to pick Lisa up at the airport. She travels *alot* via air and S11 has made her life miserable--mine too............

Ian