Green Party official busted at gunpoint

Hakki Alacakaptan nucleus at superonline.com
Sat Nov 3 12:48:17 PST 2001

(...)

|| Oden was branded because of

|| her antiwar

|| activism. this sucks. but it also sucks that the friggin' forwards that

|| were sent here didn't exactly get the story right. i am so

|| fucking sick and

|| tired of having people like Declan McCullagh look into it, only to find

|| that the left couldn't just present that case--it was bad

|| enough on its own

|| merits--without twisting it to make it sound like the Feds had

|| set out to

|| consciously prevent her from flying. They set out to make her

|| miserable,

|| she resisted civilly (as she should. yay! for her), they

|| intimidated her in

|| response. <That's the way it works and that's what ought to be

|| highlighted,

|| not some gestures at conspiracy.

So you're saying they made this quote up, IOW it is not true that she is blacklisted for her political views?

"An official told me that my name had been flagged in the computer," a shaken Oden said. "I was targeted because the Green Party USA opposes the bombing of innocent civilians in Afghanistan."