"Drawing the Enemy in Deep" A Speculation

Hakki Alacakaptan nucleus at superonline.com
Sun Nov 4 10:43:17 PST 2001

Carrol, Exxon and Halliburton have already got the oil rights. The problem is getting the stuff to the Asian market. The western pipeline routes aren't that profitable. The growth markets are China and India. That's where they want to deliver the - non-OPEC - oil & gas. There's also the fact that Muslim fundamentalist guerillas operating in Uzbekistan, Tajikistan, Kyrghzistan, and China's Xinjiang province, are based in northern Afghanistan. So getting rid of the Taliban means that Exxon and Halliburton execs will sleep a lot easier knowing the dictators they've bribed in the Central Asian republics are safe.

Hakki Alacakaptan