Max's wager

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Mon Nov 5 15:13:46 PST 2001

James Heartfield wrote:

>But I do believe that increased security measures, as a rule, tend
>to make people more, not less frightened, by elevating the fear of
>attack in their minds. And, whilst being some way away, it's
>difficult not to think that Americans have scared themselves a great
>deal since September 11.

Come over for a visit, James; I'll happily put you up at no cost. Anthrax in the mail, tales of suitcase nuclear bombs that would cause "all of Manhattan below Gramercy Park to disappear" (I'm below Gramercy Park right now, so I take this kind of personally). See how long your sang remains froid.

Doug