Guilt of Nations

James Heartfield Jim at heartfield.demon.co.uk
Mon Nov 5 23:55:50 PST 2001

In message <005201c16687$891d4720$04c021c4 at net.mega>, Patrick Bond <pbond at wn.apc.org> writes
>Well James, again, you completely miss the point: the merits of the
>reparations issue, especially in relation to banks and corporations, for
>current and future struggles against imperialism, i.e., the ACTIVIST
>strategy. No surprise, can't teach an old dog new tricks.

Honestly Patrick you are so rude ... and blinkered. Your activist strategy is merely the pale imitation of the ruling class strategy. Oh for sure, you want to redirect 'restitution' in progressive directions, missing the point that the very demand is reactionary.

Last night I saw Joan Ruddock MP (and Campaign for Nuclear Disarmament spokesperson if I remember right) trying to put a progressive spin on the war on Afghanistan, along the lines that it should create women-friendly institutions in that country! There's no end to the willingness of ex-radicals to see positive potential in the capitalist state.

-- James Heartfield