Civil Rights & Liberties or "White Privileges"? Re: Green Party official busted at gunpoint

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Tue Nov 6 05:45:01 PST 2001

> > Point of clarification: the author of the quoted words
>> isn't a "cracker bastard"; she's Japanese. Or are
>> Japanese honorary crackers in McGeeWorld?
>
>Yes, Yoshi is Japanese. That particular line about
>"crackers" wasn't directed at her. Normally, Yoshi seems to
>make some sense, but on this issue, she's lost her mind. It
>must be post 911 trauma.
>
>As for whether Japanese, Chinese, Korean, and some
>other "Asian" peoples benefit to a certain extent from the
>perverse hierarchy of White Supremacy in the United States,
>YES, they do. Under the system of White Supremacy, they do
>enjoy a certain amount of "honorary white" status. This is
>a fact.
>
>Art

Normally I agree with Art on a lot of things (e.g., Asians being "honorary whites," which was codified in law in Apartheid South Africa & informally so in the USA), but it seems we are on very different wavelengths on the possibility of political profiling, Oden's reaction, etc.! I'm interested in further discussing the matter, but I don't have time today. Will come back to it later, though. In the meantime, be cool, everyone, especially since the LBO-talk archive is public & accessible to all, & postings here get picked up by Google & the like. Let's not give the other side any cause for enjoyment of left-wing scuffles. -- Yoshie

* Calendar of Anti-War Events in Columbus: <http://www.osu.edu/students/sif/calendar.html> * Anti-War Activist Resources: <http://www.osu.edu/students/sif/activist.html> * Anti-War Organizing in Columbus Covered by the Media: <http://www.osu.edu/students/sif/media.html>