Civil Rights & Liberties or "White Privileges"?

ravi gadfly at home.com
Tue Nov 6 18:15:37 PST 2001

Art McGee wrote:

> And let me make clear that I'm only talking about a subset
> of "Asians" that doesn't include Asians such as Pakistanis,
> Indians, Phillipinos, Indigenous Hawaiians, Samoans, etc.
>

> <...>

> My point was that on the illusory "Dehumanization Scale" of
> White Supremacy, the model-minority myth that surrounds and
> envelopes Japanese, Chinese, Korean, etc., people, who I
> would call "White Asians", places them a couple of levels
> above Black people in the U.S.

why leave out indians? among immigrants they are probably the wealthiest segment and have strong aspirations to be seen as white. while they are not yet a significant percent of the population, criminal activity is virtually non-existant, and they possess various other characteristics that make them a model minority (they even possess the advantage of being brown-skinned) and even arlen specter absolutely loves indian americans.

--ravi