MIME 1.0

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Wed Nov 7 08:58:39 PST 2001

Chuck Grimes wrote:

>Personally, I loved the pre-winsock days when I'd just log in to the
>Unix server and type commands. No fucking fake buttons or make-believe
>desktop.
>
>Hakki Alacakaptan

>Well, all that nostalgia is still available. Get an old box and
>install FreeBSD. It will look, feel, and act just like those servers
>you remember.

Oh, c'mon. This is the geek version of the elite's Veblenesque taste for handmade artifacts. Computers should be easy to use, and if the graphics are attractive, so much the better. Hideous, obscure Unix command lines may make put a spring in your phalli, but give me pull-down menus and catchy icons anyday.

Doug