racist follies at Auburn

Jim Westrich westrich at miser.umass.edu
Wed Nov 7 12:06:48 PST 2001

So Auburn expels 2 students and suspends 4? Which two and why?

http://www.auburn.edu/administration/univrel/news/archive/11_01news/11_01deltasig.html

If you look at the pictures there are a half dozen or so in black face. Even in the picture of the lynching there are three students. Also, I take it that it is legal to have firearms on Auburn's campus (and I'll pass on the health code violations).

http://www.tolerance.org/news/feature/auburn/page3.html

Peace,

Jim

>The level of outrage on the part of African American students and students
>in general seems pretty low. The only progressive coalition on campus--the
>Auburn Women's Organization (whose membership is almost entirely men)--has
>been silent. But perhaps something can be done about that.

"With a song in my heart I took all the blows."

--Jackie Leven, "Ballad of a Simple Heart"