racist follies at Auburn

Jim Westrich westrich at miser.umass.edu
Wed Nov 7 13:14:31 PST 2001

I apologize for misreading the press release (badly) and any implied criticism of Auburn U. OK the frats themselves are doing damage control, but even further begs the question why the university has done little. This happened a week ago.

Peace,

Jim

At 03:27 PM 11/7/01, Matthew Snyder wrote:
>Jim Westrich writes:
> > So Auburn expels 2 students and suspends 4? Which two and why?
> >

> http://www.auburn.edu/administration/univrel/news/archive/11_01news/11_01deltasig.html
>
>My reading of the press release from Auburn is that the University
>itself hasn't actually expelled anybody -- they've simply suspended
>the fraternities in question. One of the two fraternities has
>expelled two of its members from the frat, and suspended four others.
>I wouldn't expect the U. press release to have information on the
>internal voting that took place at the fraternity.
>
>Matthew

"It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing, it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

--Charles Day