Leftists (white) and Black Liberation

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Wed Nov 7 14:36:44 PST 2001

Art McGee wrote:

>People such as
>Gilroy and Adolph Reed merely pontificate from the sidelines
>or the bell tower, but are alienated from and hostile to
>regular working-class people, especially Black people.

I don't know Gilroy, but I do know Adolph Reed, and that's almost libelously false. If Adolph is alienated from anything, it's academia. He spends much of his life running around organizing on behalf of the Labor Party. You can say that's a waste of time, but it's most certainly not evidence of someone "alienated from and hostile to regular working-class people."

Doug