Ayatollah Noam/Nazi Dersh

Ken Hanly khanly at mb.sympatico.ca
Wed Nov 7 19:36:04 PST 2001

I don't really know much about Dershowitz except as a civil rights lawyer. He sounds at least liberal if not leftist and regards himself as such. I imagine he is a RICH liberal lawyer as well.

Cheers, Ken Hanly

>From a Jewish Encyclopaedia--

Between 1967 and 1986 Dershowitz represented clients in eleven cases in the U.S. Supreme Court. Some of his cases have attracted national attention, including those in which he represented Patricia Hearst, Claus von Bülow the trial lawyer, F. Lee Bailey, and Kenneth Tyson. Although stridently loyal to Jewish causes, he defended the constitutional right of the American Nazi party in 1977 to march in Skokie, Illinois, for he maintains that as a civil libertarian it was his duty to uphold the constitutional right of free speech, which includes the right to demonstrate peacefully. Dershowitz thinks of himself as a liberal in the tradition of John F. Kennedy and Hubert Humphrey. Although opposed to the philosophy and actions of the Jewish Defense League, he in 1972 successfully defended Sheldon Siegel, a member of the J.D.L., on a murder charge arising out of the blowing up of the offices of Sol Hurok to protest Hurok's sponsorship of Russian performers. Dershowitz succeeded at the trial of Siegel to expose the case as a police frame-up. Time magazine has called him, "the top lawyer of last resort in the country." He was on the defense team of the 1995 O.J. Simpson murder trial. Newsweek has described Dershowitz as "the nation's most peripatetic civil liberties lawyer and one of its most distinguished defenders of individual rights."

----- Original Message ----- From: Max Sawicky To: lbo-talk at lists.panix.com Sent: Wednesday, November 07, 2001 5:40 PM Subject: RE: Ayatollah Noam/Nazi Dersh

Since when is Dershowitz a left liberal?

As for torture warrants, reminds me of the scene in Brazil where the storm troopers give the poor wife a receipt for the kidnap of her husband.

mbs

No only does Dershowitz suggest that there should be national ID cards but that torture might be in order too. Of course a torture warrant would be required! What is going on.... Have the terrorists released some sort of secret gas that addles the brains of at least some leftist liberals? Better hope we get an antidote soon...or we will all have to become libertarians....:)

http://home.post-dispatch.com/channel/pdweb.nsf/TodayMonday/86256A0E0068FE50 86256AFB00414D56?OpenDocument&PubWrapper=Metro

Cheers, Ken Hanly ----- Original Message ----- From: Dennis To: lbo-talk at lists.panix.com Sent: Wednesday, November 07, 2001 7:19 AM Subject: Ayatollah Noam/Nazi Dersh

A coupla eye openers for the room:

Lessee -- he's been dressed up as Stalin, Hitler and bin Laden, and now, Khomeini? Check the turban on Noam.

http://frontpagemag.com/

And my man Justin R. goin' junk on Dershowitz, the only person in the world who could make me side with Sean Hannity, if for only five minutes.

http://www.antiwar.com/justin/justincol.html

DP