Political Repression under Liberal Democracy Re: Nancy Oden: Screwing the Greens?

Michael Pugliese debsian at pacbell.net
Fri Nov 9 12:15:33 PST 2001

Yoshie Furuhashi>...For instance, I've read of the FBI questioning a radical Jewish lesbian leftist & participant in the Women in Black movement in San Francisco (e.g., <http://www.jewishsf.com/bk011005/sfp06.shtml> & <http://www.indymedia.org.il/imc/israel/webcast/display.php3?article_id=8210
>).
That doesn't mean, though, that the FBI are contacting all participants in Women in Black (or radical Jewish lesbian leftists for that matter) everywhere.

From the S.J. Mercury News>...Raphael, 42, works with a small grass roots group called Lesbian and Gay Insurrection.

Back in the early 90's, a housemate's girlfriend was in John Brown Anti-Klan Committee and Prairie Fire Organizing Committee, the above ground front/support groups for the Weather Underground political prisoners.

One time when Linda Evans of the Weather Underground called our house collect from federal prison I adlibbed, "Linda Evans from Dynasty!? I love your show!" The address for Lesbian and Gay Insurrection is the same as the JBAKC and PFOC. http://www.google.com/search?q=Lesbian+and+Gay+Insurrection&btnG=Google+Sear ch

http://www.prisonactivist.org/ooc/ ATS-L Archives: Interview With Lesbian Political Prisoners ... FBI counterintelligence (COINTELPRO) and was a member of the John Brown Anti-Klan Committee and the Madame Binh Graphics Collective. A visit to Viet Nam in ... http://www.burn.ucsd.edu/archives/ats-l/1995.Nov/0041.html

June 1-10, 2001: Flashpoints Radio with Dennis Bernstein, ... ... w/ former US political prisoner, Linda Evans, of SDS and the John Brown Anti-Klan Committee, spent 15 years in jail for political activity. She says there are ... www.flashpoints.net/index-2001-06-01to10.html http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=John+Brown+Anti-Klan+Committee+Bay+Area +Progressive+ New FBI Proposal for Bay Area Counter- Terrorism Task Force ... Middle East; John Brown Anti-Klan Comm.;. ... of Palestine; Progressive Muslim ... Bay Area Free ... Berkeley Anti-Apartheid ... Mayekiso Committee;. Journalist ... http://www.totse.com/en/politics/federal_bureau_of_investigation/sprtgrps.ht ml

Needless to say, political associations, without any evidence that these folks are still planning Days of Rage or bombing the US Capitol bathroom like they did in '71, is wrong. But, given this, which I quickly found on the net, and the vastly greater investigative wherewithal of the Feds, is what I think is going on. Michael Pugliese