Alterman & Lilla lovefest

Justin Schwartz jkschw at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 11 06:41:19 PST 2001

Gordon: Fair enough. I ahdn't ben thinkinga bout "intellectuals." Jefferson was one is anyone was. Garrison was a preacher, Stowe a writer, so they qualify at least occupationally. Wasshington was just a general and politician. Replace him with Franklin or Paine, the real thing, or indeed with Madison or Hamilton, ditto. jks